Saturday, March 31, 2012

FiveYears


'Round about 12 years ago, I walked into my college dorm room wearing nothing but a shower dress. A strange boy was sitting on my futon.

Awkward.

'Round about 10 years ago, he had weaseled his way into my heart and become my very best friend.

'Round about 7 years ago, he decided he wanted to date me. Finally. For the love of pete.

'Round about 6 years ago, he asked me to spend my life with him. It was the most disastrous night that has ever happened.

'Round about 5 years ago, he was waiting for me at the end of an aisle.

In the five years since then, we have been to some exceptional highs and some devastating lows. Neither of us could have possibly imagined the road we've traveled so far, most especially the stretch of highway we are currently on, but one thing I know for absolute certain is that he is the very best person to have riding along. He works exceptionally hard to take care of me and our boys, he keeps me from venturing too often into Crazytown, and because of him I spend most of my life laughing. He is an amazing husband, a devoted daddy, and he's still my very best friend.

I love you!!! Can't wait to see where we are 5 years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment