Friday, October 5, 2012

A Month Off For Good Behavior

Yesterday, we had another weight check for Parker.  Needless to say, our pediatrician was FURIOUS about the Synagis denial and had already come up with an appeal plan.  I am going to let her handle it, as my dealings with the insurance company would probably consist of much fist waving and not much logic. 

Interestingly, of the three patients our office has submitted (of which Parker is one), only one has been approved... the kid that she finds least likely to be affected by RSV. The third child is having OPEN HEART SURGERY THIS MONTH and was still denied.  For the love of pete.  If we get denied again, we are just going to have to pay out of pocket.  Hooray $6000! I do know there are lots of assistance programs available, but we don't qualify for the ones I have researched so far.

Bake sale? Car wash? Hopefully it won't come to that. :-)

In other news, Parker gained one pound ten ounces since his last weigh check 2 weeks ago.  He now tips the scale at 17 pounds 12 oz.  Needless to say, weight gain doesn't seem to be of much concern anymore!  As a result, we have been granted time off and, for the first time ever, get to go A WHOLE MONTH with no appointments!  Well, no pediatrician appointments.  We still have a follow up with GI doctor on Monday and the follow up swallow study in a few weeks.  Still, we are pleased!!!

Side note- one of my favorite things about being a mommy is having an excuse to relive my childhood, which was an exceptionally happy one.  Right now, Jeremiah is enraptured with my old Ramona Quimby books, which we read chapters of before every naptime and bedtime.  He saw them on the shelf one day and asked about them, and has requested that we go get some more from the library when we go through those.  I think I might look for the "boy" versions about Henry Huggins.  Or perhaps the Fudge books.  It tickles my English teacher heart that he wants to read chapter books.  Poor child... Teacher Mommy makes him tell me what happened yesterday before we read the next chapter.  Reading comprehension for three year olds!  Most fun mom ever!!  Still, I need "boy book" recommendations.  AND NO CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS! :-)

Oh, and remember that silly Pinterest baby?  She's got nothing on my little Pnut. Or my sweet aunt Nesie who caught my Contagious Crazies.

His big floppy ears make my heart sing. Mostly 'cause I have the same ones.


9 comments:

  1. Magic Tree House series is the best chapter book series for younger boys!!! ;) Read them in order (maybe skipping number 3) The rest are pretty mild... My older non cdher boy who was also three when my cdher was discharged, loved (and still loves) those books! Now he reads them to his younger brother! They play pretend like they are the characters! Makes my heart sing!

    Also, they have some junior novelizations of Cars 2, Wall E, and Toy Story 3! ( for the Disney lover ;) He will be reading before you know it!!!

    Love the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is the most handsome little Pnut ever! Thank you for sharing your life with us.
    The Alan Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, of course, we all know how "qualified" insurance companies are to understand and make decisions about the precious heart babies. Makes my blood BOIL!! I know they don't understand 1/10 of the words they read!!

    Your boys are adorable. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 5 yo DS is loving the Magic Tree House books. We started reading them over a year ago, and at a chapter a night, we are almost caught up to current.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geronimo Stilton books are very cute! I'm not sure if they are directed towards boys or not, but the kids at my school really enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I have given a lot of thought to chapter books for boys. I don't know if Jeremiah is quite old enough for most of these....but if he is understanding Ramona Quimby books, than maybe he is!

    Off the top of my head:

    Farmer Boy, Laura Ingalls Wilder
    The Bunnicula series, James Howe
    Indian in the Cupboard series, Lynne Reid Banks
    The Egypt Game, Zilpha Keatley Snyder
    From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, E.L. Konisberg
    Sign of the Beaver, Elizabeth George Speare
    Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, Robert C. O'Brien
    The Boxcar Children series
    My Side of the Mountain, Jean Craighead George
    The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and the rest of the Narnia series, C.S. Lewis
    The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkein
    Sideways Stories from Wayside School series, Louis Sachar
    Anything by Roald Dahl
    How to Eat Fried Worms, Thomas Rockwell

    I hope my son enjoys reading as much as Jeremiah. He is only 15 months now, so I will have to wait a while to see. :)

    Yay books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son is six now, and my daughter is four, we loved reading the three books about Shiloh (the dog), although I can't remember the author, and we also are really enjoying the Boxcar Children books right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Your kids are precious miracles, special gifts, handsome princes. They are cute earthly angels. Parker is a smilen champ, inspirational hero, courageous fighter, and a brave warrior.
    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, developmental delays, 14 medical conditions.
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Off to Krispy Kreme ... get a craving everytime I see sweet Parker in his donut onsie, ha! He is the cutest thing ever! Jeremiah, too, of course! Love the new family shot, too!

    ReplyDelete