Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Regroup



A very dear friend-who-might-as-well-be-family (I will always think of her as "Aunt Laura" even if she's not one bit my aunt!) sent me this sign after Parker was born.  It hangs by my front door, and I look at it every day when I come downstairs to start my morning.  It makes my heart happy, and it gives me a boost when I need it (particularly over this last weekend!).  The lettering is a bit off center intentionally, since even the best days are "a little off."  Love it.

After my temper tantrum at the end of last week, I had the most wonderful weekend.  I played with my Monster, and got lost in his imaginary worlds.  This particular moment involved him shooting rockets at The Bad Guys, wearing his goggles to help him aim, and utilizing his bungee cord safety belt.  He has been our light on the darkest days.  Love him so.

We all went to visit Parker on Saturday afternoon.  We went for a walk, Parker and Jeremiah entertained each other, and my heart was happy.

Mike and I had Date Night Saturday night, and we spent it doing CrossFit (I'd post a picture of that, but none exists for many very good reasons.  Instead, let's pretend this is me.  HA!)

I'm not REAL SURE what has possessed me to start this foolishness, but 3-4 times a week, I use 
THIS WEBPAGE for a workout after everyone else has gone to bed.  It actually becomes a bit fun after the first week or so!

I baked up a storm, 'cause I'm just not myself when I'm not cooking.  I made a birthday cake for my sweet niece and tried some new recipes.  (Pioneer Woman's cinnmon rolls and Southern Living's strawberry curd.)

We have started crossing the t's and dotting the i's to finalize Parker's discharge.

We went to church Sunday, which always soothes my soul and reminds me that God has got this.  He always has, even before we even knew what "this" was.  I've had Matt Redman's "You Never Let Go" on repeat this weekend.... perfect song at a perfect time.

"I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on,
And there will be an end to these troubles,
But until that day comes...
Still I will praise you, still I will praise you."

Almost there.

2 comments:

  1. Parker looks like a lil' man! You have such a beautiful family! Can't wait to see the post "We are outta here!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful that God blessed you with a wonderful week-end. So many more are coming. The light IS getting brighter at the end of that long, long tunnel. He has helped you do the HARD things now just watch Him smile over your soon to come sweet rejoicing! Prayers always.

    ReplyDelete